[identity profile] librarian-bot.livejournal.com posting in [community profile] transficsation
Title: This Is How It All Began: Act 1: Twilight of a Golden Age
Author: librarian_bot
Rating: PG
Verse: G1ish, prewar
Characters: Megatron, Optimus, Ravage, Xaaron and many, many more.
Summary: The dying days of Cybertron’s Golden Age. A once mighty world stands at the crossroads, overpopulation and border disputes threatening to shatter millennia of peace. On distant alien worlds, warriors fight for desperately needed resources. In the halls of power, city-states jostle for power. Beneath the soaring towers, ordinary citizens struggle to live ordinary lives. This is how it all began.


Hello! This is my first post to this group, and I'd like to share a project I've been working on for a couple of years now - essentially an attempt to write the story of who the Autobot/Decepticon war began. More precisely, I wanted to write it to my satisfaction - I don't like most of the modern versions of the origins, and I have an especial loathing for the Aligned take on things, so I decided to create my own take rooted in a lot of the UK TF lore but extrapolated into a fuller, more rounded tale. The result doesn't exactly fit with existing continuities, though it's definitely Generation One based. And I'm rather proud of what I've done so far.

I'm posting the whole first act since it's complete and, frankly, it seems a bit daft to post it in dribs and drabs. I’ve tried to be a bit original with Cybertron and its culture, though naturally I’ve drawn heavily on all the official fiction – this is fanfic after all – and I’d be really interested to hear any comments anyone has!

One thing I should make clear right away is that I have deliberately obscured many characters’ identities, mainly by giving them ‘peace-time’ names. Hopefully this won’t spoil anyone’s enjoyment and you’ll be able to work out who’s who fairly easily!

Well, that’s enough waffle from me – enjoy the fic!


1.0: Heavy Rain
1.1: Daybreak
1.2: Nights Before
1.3: Important Information
1.4: Side Effects
1.5: Battle Protocol
1.6: Point of Impact
1.7: Lift Off

Profile

transficsation: (Default)
Transficsation

December 2020

S M T W T F S
  12345
6 789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 08:24 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios